NE. Hamaldi. FA12. #4. ⚓️.
The above information is greatly significant. When I joined a sorority I wanted sisterhood. I got that and more. I have family all over the place, and my home team is based in the Mid-Atlantic. Joining a greek organization is different for everybody. I can only speak on my experience, what I’ve learned, and what I continue to learn. I’m going to share that with you today. When you get a bunch of folks together, you get a ton of personalities.
This list is in no specific order. Just a few things I’ve learned from some great people here and there.
- It’s not about what you say, it’s how you say it. I learned this one from my captain. My mouth was wild then and it’s wild now. Although, believe it or not, I’m a tad calmer now. I think before I react and I surely shoot a “Am I trippin or is it them?” to a friend if need be. Helps everyone in the long run. Be mindful with the words that come out of your mouth.
- It’s okay to cry. There is nothing wrong with having emotions. There is nothing wrong with feeling hurt and expressing that. There is nothing weak about crying. Emotional release is helpful, it shouldn’t be frowned upon. Sometimes a good cry is all you need. Might lead to a headache after, but your shoulders will feel a little lighter. Also, tears aren’t always sad. People cry for many reasons. It’s okay to let whatever that is out.
- Take chances. Sometimes you just need to say it. Do it. Try it. Anxiety can be so scary, but do you think about what’s on the other side? You will never know until you try. You’ll never know what you can do unless you put yourself in the position to do it. Believe in yourself.
- Love hard. Don’t shy away from love. Don’t shy away from making mistakes. This goes for friendships, relationships, etc.. It’s okay to really appreciate someone and show that, let them know that. Love yourself even harder. All those beautiful nice things you want to do for someone else? Do them for yourself first.
- Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Be true to your heart, and true to those around you.
- Laugh more. LAUGH. Sometimes life is just that. Funny. Funny like you wouldn’t believe. A good laugh here and there will keep your head straight.
- You’re stronger than you think. I have seen so much transformation and power from my siblings of SLG. I’ve seen them accomplish so much emotionally, and physically. I am ALWAYS so proud of my people. As I write this one, I’m not even gonna hold you, I’m tearing up a little. I’m thinking about some G’s I know personally, and they are really IT. I’m giving everybody their flowers NOW because they deserve them NOW.
- Life is what you make it. This one goes back to taking chances. Don’t be scared to start over. Don’t be scared to face rejection. Don’t live in fear. Be secure in the choices you make. If it all goes to hell, at least you tried.
- There’s nothing wrong with putting yourself first. You can pour your whole soul into an organization, and end up forgetting about yourself. There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a step back to evaluate. The organization will still be there. Go get yourself right.
- This family for life. Listen. I can’t fit all of the stories I have in one post. I can’t thank and love down all of the people I know in one post. All of ya’ll would need your own separate post. Now in this one I’m talking to all of the Gammas I personally know. I love ya’ll. I can’t thank all of you enough. I can’t tell you I love you enough. Without ya’ll I don’t know what this life thing would be. I remember crying at probates with ya’ll. Driving out to meet new members. Getting well needed words of wisdom. Laughing until tears rolled down my cheeks. I’m so thankful that I have gotten to know you. I’ve also met quite a few of you from social media. Twitter did its thing when it gave me ya’ll.
If you’re a fellow Gamma, HAPPY FOUNDERS DAY!! I hope you enjoy your day. 💕💜 I’m somewhere with a couple sisters being great.
This post was inspired by my chapter sisters. They may not know it, but every single one of them has taught me something.
This year I’m feeling extra ✨sisterly✨. Probably because my line turns 10 this year. I think that’s precious. I’m excited about that. Somehow someway I want to get us all together. It’s only 3 of us, but we all have a lot going on. I’m sure taking some time out to celebrate wouldn’t hurt our schedules.
We were all together last weekend.
My captain and I both pulled up, at the same time. First of all, I read the fuck out of all of that. Like thank you universe. We drove out to see our heart. It was her birthday, it was adorable. I made sure to get pictures of all of us because we hardly have any together. Haven’t been together like this in a few years. Had some time to catch up. I’m so proud of all of us. We’ve all chosen paths true to ourselves and I admire that.
Now? I end the post.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!! Your support is always appreciated. 💞💓💞
The layout I have now? Ended up enjoying it. I’m gonna keep it. There are some new sections on the blog you should check out. Good pics. Good soup.
Lingerie review coming next Wednesday. Fetish post coming that following Friday.
Thank you once again, and I’ll see yah then. ✨🤸🏾♀️✨